Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Epiphanies

So, this is obviously my first blog ( I really didn't want to say this. It's like saying "I can't come to the phone right now" on your answering machine - but its a good segue so deal with it.) and if you're reading this then you're coming along for what will quite possibly be a bumpy ride. As to the title of my blog, yes it is from the Guide but it's more than just that, and as weird as it may sound I realized that during my shower today. Somewhere in between shampooing my head and trying to crouch to get under the really low shower head (DAMN YOU UNIVERSITY SHOWERS) I had an epiphany. And it was this, that people don't spend enough time just thinking anymore, they are either on their crackberries, have headphones in to block out the world, or are involved in a multitude of other things. Whatever they are doing people don't seem to just let their mind wander (call it day dreaming if you will) anymore. They are too absorbed and too concentrated. They don't let themselves think about themselves and where they are in their life. And it's sad because you can learn a lot about yourself and others by taking some time out of the day to think about Life, the Universe and Everything.
Don't let yourself slip. RC

No comments:

Post a Comment