Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fix You

   Who do you turn to when you feel like your whole life is going to shit, that nothing ever goes your way? When you have things that you want to talk about but you don't have anyone who will listen or, more importantly, actually understand why you feel the way you do?

     Sometimes, a song can describe, to a t, how you feel. In my case that song is  Fix You by Coldplay.    

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you  


     I wish that I had someone like this. Someone that you could go to no matter what. Not a random psychiatrist or anything like that. Someone who you have an intense personal connection with - who you can tell anything to and they still won't judge you.

     Because, lets face it, no matter how strong you pretend to be, you will at some point need to get things off your chest. And they won't be little things like "Oh, I didn't do as well on this quiz as I would have liked". They are going to be serious issues, maybe it will be how you feel about the passing of a loved one or how you feel about yourself as a person. In any case, they will be seriously debilitating to your body and your psyche if you keep them bottled up - like an oxygen tank under to much pressure eventually you will explode. How that happens may differ but the results will not be pretty.

     And so I end this rather depressing post with a quote from Hamlet that, to be honest, has plagued me before. "Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer/The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,/Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,/And by opposing end them?"

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment