Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Before I die I want to...

     I don't know about you guys but I enjoy going on the internet on sites like Wikipedia starting somewhere and clicking on random links just to see where it takes me and what I learn. It not only is a great way to procrastinate but you may find out some interesting things about your world and yourself while you are at it.

     It's for exactly this reason that I love StumbleUpon. It isn't just full of information like Wikipedia, but it has everything from recipes for desserts, people's art and links to videos on Youtube.  So today I was stumbling after writing my final math exam (hopefully ever) just to kill time and relax when I came upon this website - http://candychang.com/before-i-die-in-nola/.

     Basically this artist (Candy Chang), turned the wall of a derelict (I like that word, maybe it's because of Zoolander, anyways) house into what amounts to a piece of modern art. Allowing people to express what they wanted to do before they die. Some of the responses are funny, some are ridiculous and some are extremely touching. A few of my favourites are; Be tried for piracy (written by a guy dressed as a pirate), live off the grid, tell my mom I love her and truly live and <3.

     I urge you to check the sight out it is really interesting/touching/what have you. If you do check it out think about some of your own and how you could get to be able to do them.

     For me the response to this was pretty amazing and it got me thinking, How can I do something like this?

4 Pictures of the boards from this project.

     That's all for now. I just thought this deserved more than a single sentence as a facebook status or whatever social networking site you use.

Be yourself. No one can ever tell you, you're doing it wrong.

...understand why. RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment