Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Death and Life

      Why does wanting something and not being able to have it make you want it more?

     Today I was reading a magazine printed by my University with student publications such as poems and essays. And I flipped to one essay titled Faith, Film, and Funerals. It was about the death of the writers grandfather and her feelings after the fact. This struck a huge chord with me because my Opa died recently (although it was about a year and a half ago it still feels like yesterday that I was just a 12 year old kid playing chess with him). It made me think about how much I didn't know about him, and yes, made me cry (I got a lump in my throat and had to pause while writing this). It also made me think about how much I would like to talk to him even just one last time about himself, and his (up till the end) extremely healthy life.

  

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  
Albert Einstein

 Two posts one right after the other, isn't that something. RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment