Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Is this your son, who was born blind? How then does he now see?

     Today I was asked by a friend why I was looking to be in a relationship with someone so suddenly. And of course I denied it a little and avoided answering. But it really got me thinking about it. (My thanks to her for that). And so the title - a random line I flipped to in the bible - is quite fitting. I feel like I can see now- however corny that may sound.

     Anyways, I think that for the most part the reason that I want to is to forget about someone else. And getting asked that question made me realize that no matter how much I may want to do that it' really an exceptionally bad idea. It's really up there on the scale of dumbest things you could do.

     However, another reason that I wanted to get in a relationship is because I haven't been in a serious one in a while, and I guess I just want that type of connection again. But again the question made me realize that that type of link with another person can't be rushed no matter how much you want it. And trying to force it never works out. It usually just makes matters worse.

     So I've decided to just chill for a while even though right now I really may not want to, I'm hoping it will be better in the long run.

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Here's to hope. RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment