Gungans no likin' the Naboo.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random Ramblings (Part 1)

Even after all this time,
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with
A love like that.
It lights the whole sky. 
- Hafez

     I just realized that most of the time I come on here without the slightest clue about what I want to write about. Then I'll remember something, maybe something a person has said to me, a feeling I had, or quote I've seen. And I will just start typing, not necessarily thinking, because your first words - the ones you actually mean but don't always want to say for a multitude of reasons - are always the most powerful and the most true. Yes, they may be messy, but so are feelings. Anyways this gets me in a very round about way to what I want to talk about which, surprisingly, is love.  

      I discovered this poem (and poet) just a while ago and while some people may say they don't like poetry or think it is stupid, personally I enjoy it(It's like Shakespeare, most people I know disliked reading it, but I loved it). But I digress. I think that this poem is amazing because it is succinct, but far more importantly I can connect with it, it has a deeper meaning.. And personally I think that is what life and, by association, love are all about.

     Love, for me, isn't about give and take. If you have to take then that isn't love. It's about not having to ask because the other person is there for you and yes, sometimes there are sacrifices from both sides. But people always make sacrifices, things that must be lost so that they may give rise to others.

     And I'm not just talking about the" "I want to live with this person for the rest of my life" love. Even in friendships this remains true. Connections with others, yourself, and the multiverse around you are vital. The desire, the need, to be part of something greater than you could ever hope to be on your own.


     Well, I didn't know where these ramblings were going to take me but I'm alright with the end result. So, again I'll leave you all with a quote that I find very fitting, from an incredibly bright man:

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."-Albert Einstein

 Love is waiting. RC

1 comment: